A word of advice, for anyone moving to a new country without someone there waiting to meet them, whether it be a friend, a representative of a school or job, or anyone - do yourself a favor, and have the majority of your luggage shipped.
My flight to Narita was relatively uneventful, however, carting 160 some pounds of luggage, alone, through Narita was less than pleasant. Even worse, navigating said luggage through Shinjuku station at the beginning of the evening rush, completely exhausted from your trip.
However, enough whining, I managed to somehow get myself and my bags to my little apartment here in Yotsuya yesterday evening. I had planned to take it easy and just unpack and rest last night, but on my way out the door to pick up a bit of food, I ran into another Sakura House resident by the name of Rich, and ended up taking a tour of the surrounding area with him.
Hopefully, today I can get some good video of my neighborhood while I go out to pick up food and necessities, and I'll edit that up and throw that up on Youtube when possible, to start my "vlogging" of this adventure in Tokyo as well.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i can't wait to become a fan of your new blog. i put a link to it on my own (fictionhkg.blogspot.com). i don't know if blogger has friends/community or anything, but stay in touch. we haven't talked much since kansai gaidai but that doesn't mean we should continue to do that.
Post a Comment